COMING SOON! Awareness to Action: Module 3
Understanding Implicit Bias in the Legal Workplace – COMING WINTER 2020
This interactive online session explores the science and psychology of implicit bias, why addressing workplace bias is important to the legal profession and practical tools for positive change.
What you will Learn:
- The definition of it - What implicit bias is and its relationship to explicit forms of bias.
- The neuroscience of it – How the human brain is naturally biased and what you can do about it.
- The impact of it - The research on the impact of bias in the legal workplace.
- How to take first steps in building awareness of your own bias as a foundation for positive change.
- Debiasing strategies for individual lawyers.
- Myth busting - Dealing with misconceptions as barriers to understanding and potential pitfalls of anti-bias training.
- Best practices for promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
1 Hour Duration
Access on any Device
Prof & CPD Credits
- Module 3 – Lesson 1
- Developing an egalitarian mindset.
- The neuroscience of bias activation.
- Undoing neural patterns that drive bias.
- Module 3 – Lesson 2
- Debiasing strategies for the individual lawyer or legal professional.
- Decision readiness – what stress, fatigue and distraction have to do with bias.
- Module 3 – Lesson 3
- Best practices for addressing bias at the organizational level.
- Reducing disparities and increasing inclusion in your firm, association or organization.